10 things to do with young children in the Mt Riverview area
Today Michelle, one of our wonderful parents from our Mt Riverview centre shares 10 awesome places to take your family in the Mt Riverview area.
- DCH Mt Riverview – Enjoy a coffee and yummy meal while the kids play. DCH offers a family friendly atmosphere where kids are celebrated! With a fully enclosed play area and outdoor seating DCH offers a casual dining experience for any occasion.
- Mt Riverview Playgroup – Starting in Term 2 Mt Riverview playgroup will be held in the hall at Mt Riverview Public school. Playgroup runs on Wednesdays 10am to 11am during school terms. Playgroup is a welcoming environment for children 0-5 to make new friends, sing and dance, play and express their creativity. There is a different theme each week and each session will include story time, arts and crafts and playtime.
- Harley Park – Tucked away at the very top of Mount Riverview is Harley Park. A little park suitable for preschool and primary school children to play, climb & explore. Surrounded by beautiful grassy areas the park features swings, slide, climbing structures as well as picnic tables and a million-dollar view of the greater Sydney area.
- Wentworth Falls Lake – It is worth while taking a trip up to Wentworth Falls Lake situated in the picturesque town with the same name. Featuring a beautiful new playground, walking tracks and swimming spots the lake has something for everyone. Why not pack a picnic or pick up a yummy pie from the local German Bakery and enjoy a beautiful sunny day exploring the lake and surrounds.
- ABA Blue Mountains – The blue mountains branch of the Australian Breastfeeding Association regularly holds play and chat events at local parks throughout the mountains. ABA provide a breastfeeding counsellor to attend to answer any questions as well as dynamic discussions and information to support mums on their breastfeeding journey. Check out their social media for details on when and where the next play and chat will be held.
- Story time/Baby time – Blaxland Library runs 2 beautiful story time sessions to encourage early learning literacy development. These sessions are free and fun on Friday mornings. Baby time is catered towards 0-2 year old’s and aims to build foundations for your child’s language development though reading and rhyme. Story time is catered towards 2-5 year old’s and aims to encourage the love of books through stories. The children also have the opportunity to sing songs and complete a craft activity. Check out the Blue Mountains Library website for more information. Bookings are essential.
- 2773 – This beautiful café situation in the heart of Glenbrook offers a relaxed dining setting for a lazy brunch with the family or a catch up with friends. The kids will enjoy the playground area giving you the opportunity to enjoy some yummy food and drinks.
- Glenbrook Park – This playground has recently undergone a transformation to include a huge climbing area and slide, flying fox as well as swings and a water play area. Fully fenced the park has tables to utilise for a picnic lunch. This is also an ideal venue to hold a birthday party or special event with BBQ facilities and toilets on site.
- St Johns Park – If the kids are not always keen on just playing in a playground you should try St Johns Park. There is a brand new fully equipped and inclusive playground, Basketball courts to shoot some hoops, Cricket nets to test your batting and bowling as well as large soccer fields to kick a ball around. There is something here to keep the whole family entertained and enjoying the outdoors for hours.
- Glenbrook Cinema – There is nothing quite like enjoying a movie on the big screen. This lovely little boutique cinema nestled in the heart of Glenbrook offers all the biggest