9 Things To Do With Young Children Around Swansea
Today Sunny, one of our wonderful teachers at our Swansea centre shares some great places she loves to take her family to both in the local Swansea area and slightly further afield for a day trip.
Webb Park Playground at Redhead Beach. This park has a beach theme to complement its beachside location. It features a large wave climbing structure as well as a small play structure suitable for younger kids which has slides and a climbing wall. There are also BBQ facilities and a walkway to link the playground to Redhead beach.
- Thomas H Halton Park at Croudace Bay. This playground has picnic facilities, a skate park, exercise circuit and a half basketball court plus more making is suitable for children of all ages.
- Speers Point Playground. Speers Point Park features open space, shared pathways, a paved promenade, a fenced dog exercise area and the all-abilities Lake Macquarie Variety Playground.
Wyee Point Reserve. This reserve is suitable for children of all ages. The playground area at the reserve is set on a gently sloping hill, with two separate playgrounds. One playground features a swing set with a baby seat, standard seat and a spider web swing along with a well-sized play structure with slides, monkey bars, chain bridges and more including a rotating rope pyramid. A bike path surrounds the paly areas. There is also a BBQ and picnic area making it a great place for gatherings and parties.
Blackbutt Nature Reserve. The nature reserve offers fantastic nature walks, an adventure playground, picnic areas and even wildlife exhibits. The only cost is for parking, entry is free.
- Watagans National Park offers hiking, biking, lookouts, and quiet campgrounds for longer escapes.
- Richmond Vale Railway Museum Richmond Vale Railway Museum is the only operating heritage railway north of the Hawkesbury. In addition to the historical displays, the site offers the following attractions; full-sized train rides, Miniature train rides, Child-accessible signalling activity, Historic films in the mining museum and picnic areas.
- Glenrock State Conservation Area. Explore the park’s beaches, rainforest walks and waterfalls on a school excursion or guided tour.
- Sugarloaf Point is a top spot for watching whales as they migrate on their journey along the coast. You might also be lucky enough to see dolphins down on lighthouse beach.
At Little Miracles, we love seeing each and every child in our care grow and develop. believe in who they are and have plenty of fun along the way!